We hope you can be a part of Juniata Fest this year on September 27th. Please take a second and look over the three levels of sponsorship opportunities on the form attached to this email. The deadline to be a sponsor is Sept 8th, but most of the time all the top tier sponsorships are taken by then. So please let us me know as soon as possible if you’re interested in sponsoring this year. Thanks so much!
Click here for more information and the sponsorship registration form: Juniata Fest Invite 2014
Are you as tired of these illegal ‘bandit’ signs as we are?
They’re basically pieces of trash nailed to telephone poles and they make our neighborhood look junky. So that’s why the JAC is announcing our:
Illegal Sign Scavenger Hunt
How does it work?
Illegal Sign Scavenger Hunt: At our next meeting (Tuesday, June 3rd at 7pm at the Juniata Golf Course) we’re giving away a $75 Walmart gift card to the person who brings in the most illegal signs. Second place is a $50 Walmart gift card and third place is a $25 Walmart gift card.
Remember: Use proper safety equipment to take down the signs and only remove the ones you can reach easily. Scouts honor that we get all the signs from Juniata Park first (we can take down other neighborhood’s once Juniata is clear.)
Last year, our first scavenger hunt gathered over 2,000 of these illegal signs.We’re hoping for an even bigger haul this year! Enjoy! See everyone at our next meeting!
It’s our 5th annual business fair put on by the Juniata Action Committee. Every year the free food, entertainment, face painting and other free give-aways attract hundreds of Juniata residents to this event. In a first for Juniata, this year our fest will include re-enactors from the Middle Ages that will be demonstrating dancing and sword fighting from the Renaissance era. It’s an awesome chance for Juniata to come together! Don’t miss it!
Here’s the flyer that was featured as a full page ad in the Juniata News this week and is getting distributed in Juniata this week:
Also, we’re very excited to be selling these T-shirts, for JUST 3 dollars a piece thanks to our sponsors at Community Academy of Philadelphia. Come early in case we sell out!
See everyone this Saturday at Juniata Fest!!
Tuesday, Sept 3rd at 7pm
At the Juniata Golf Course (1391 Cayuga St)
- Meet your neighbors, invite a friend, enjoy some light refreshments
- Juniata Fest is September 28th, 11am to 2pm, at the Boys and Girls Club
- Updates, information and volunteer opportunities for Juniata Fest
- Hear the latest on the Cayuga Triangle Project
- Townwatch Meeting will be held directly after
Juniata Fest is here again! Businesses, organizations and hundreds of Juniata residents will be gathering for our annual tradition of Juniata Fest. Thank you to those of you who partner with us with generously and faithfully every year to help make this possible. Juniata Fest is our community’s only business fair and one of the few community wide, community unifying events that we have. We couldn’t do it without you.
This year, at the Juniata Boy’s and Girls Club on September 28th, 10am-2pm, we’ll be hosting the same great event. They’ll be tons of free stuff, music, entertainment, and hundreds of contacts for your organization. But of course, every year we also make a few changes to keep moving forward, so here’s a few things that will be new this year:
- New Sponsorship Levels–As you’ll see on the attached sponsor letter, we created new sponsorship levels to give our most generous partners more visibility. We only have four available sponsorships at Level 1 and Level 2, so please contact me if your organization is interested in one of these. They’ll be given out on a first come first serve basis.
- Middle Ages Reenactment Troupe–In the past, Phillie Phanatic and Swoop have dropped by to visit us at Juniata Fest. And we’ve also enjoyed the large petting zoo that’s come for many years. But this year we’re excited to announce that we’ve booked a group that does demonstrations from the Middle Ages. Members of the SCA (sca.org) will be there to show us fighting, dancing and more from the Middle Ages. It should be a great time and great experience for everyone who comes!
Click here: Juniata Fest Invite 2013 for the sponsorship form and all the details. If you still have questions, email email@example.com
The deadline for sponsors to sign up is September 1st.
Thanks in advance for being a part of Juniata Fest! I look forward to hearing from you.
Pastor Derick Scudder
Juniata Action Committee President
Tuesday, June 4th at 7pm
At the Juniata Golf Course (1391 Cayuga St)
- New “Welcome to Juniata” flags being installed this week.
- Representatives from the TTF Watershed will be giving details on the brand new rain garden at the Castor Triangle
- Rob Armstrong from the Parks and Recreation Dept will be showing the proposed design for the Tacony Trail entrance at “I” and Ramona.
- Elections for JAC officers will be held
- Join and help the task forces
Download the flyer by clicking here